Love is eternal…
Although no one knows when the final day will come, it will happen for all of us. Taking care of some of the necessary details in advance makes that difficult time a little easier for your friends and family. In addition, making arrangements for your own memorial gives you input, and an investment in your personal legacy.
A wonderful gift…
Your final gift will be taking some of that burden from their shoulders, and giving them instead a lasting memorial.
For your peace of mind…
Where do I start?
In the meantime, take a look at our pre-planning checklist, which will guide you as you make decisions and communicate them to your family.
When thinking of a memorial for yourself or loved one here are some helpful things you will need to consider:
- Choose a Style – Flush Marker, Bevel, Slant, Monument, Bench or Custom made.
- Choose a Size – Based upon preference, duplication of other family markers and cemetery regulations.
- Choose a Color – Many to choose from
- Choose a Type of Engraving – Sandblast, laser etching or hand etching
- Choose a Design and Message – Some ideas to base this on would be:
- Life’s Work and Accomplishments
- Interests and Hobbies
- Social and Civic Contributions
- Memorable Events and Occasions
- Faith and Belief
- Character and Traits